CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Magic




My favorite oracle deck so far is the Guardians of Wisdom by Emy Ledbetter and Todd Hershey. I got it last year at the Readers Studio, and I just love it. You can check it out at guardiansofwisdom.com if you wish. Its beautiful artwork but has the most insightful guidance for me. Kevin started me on the oracle thing. Kevin used to read, and still does just not with me, at our tarot meetup in Las Vegas. He would do a reading and then sometimes if he brought his oracle deck would pull a card for someone. So when I was at the Readers Studio and Janette showed me this deck i thought it would be a kewl thing to try out for me.. and it has been!
-side note to me - Call kevin.

Anyway - a lot of times when i do a reading for myself or others, especially when the reading is a tougher one, where the picture feels kinda grim or the Tarot has discussed tough things coming up, i will pull an oracle card. I have found it to be very insightful and also very supportive. Sometimes it is just good reassurance. Sometimes it gives me something to keep in mind when tougher things start to come up. Sometimes it gives me something to meditate or contemplate while I am going through things during the week. Sometimes it will come up with a point of view that I do not wish to hear, but will be the key to resolving my dilemma.

So Magic came up for me today, and by that it means: You have the ability to spontaneously manifest gifts from the universe. Hmmm.. sounds like the Magician to me.

My reading for the week was:
What you have: 6 of swords reversed. Upright this card talks about leaving a situation or train of thought, sad to leave it, but curious to go on.. It comes right after the pressure of the 5, and it holds the promise of the 6, meaning it is hot and in the center of the tree after the pressure of the 5, its more controllable. The situation is as I choose to see it, the darkness is behind me (the card is light). I am in the water of creation, and my mind is clear. The title of this card is Lord of Earned Success.

So reversed - I can see where it is talking about not moving on, not seeing the promise and chosing instead of light to see negatively; negative thoughts, not moving on but stagnating.. not seeing the beauty of a situation or people.

This would describe my current thoughts. Just Friday I was working and there were files I had assigned myself. The other person working in the Q also was doing the same thing, so we ended up with the same files assigned, and I got 1 of the 10, and the balance downloaded into her Q instead of mine. Thinking she was being sabotaging, i impetuously went back into the Q and reassigned the files to myself and downloaded them (hows that for an upside down Queen of Wands). On giving the matter further thought, I realized that she would then be working on these files, see them go to trash, and then see them in my Q or that i had reassigned this to me, etc. Sensing this would cause great conflict, i then emailed her and told her what happened and then begrudgingly told her to just take the files and I would catch up the next day. I tried not to be bitchy in my note, but Im sure she got the idea.

To her credit, she wrote me back saying she had not even noticed, thanked me, and then offered to split them. I definitely felt like the jerk i was being and saw that I, also, had that choice and chose the more negative route in my thoughts and actions. Usually it is just my thoughts that go in that direction when working and the energy usually follows suit, so I can see how this card describes my lack of direction forward toward a more positive point of view. And I definitely see that I could make better choices that would benefit me better.

I can also see other aspects of my life where i hve been chosing to think more negatively instead of positively which do sabotage me from moving forward or appreciating things around me.

This card also discusses delays in transportation and changes in plans, difficulty with water? This week coming up involves Parent Weekend and changing plans as far as my parents' visit and what we are going to do.. maybe it is a situation where plans will change with the coming weather (its been rainy and fears of icy weather always).

What I need to know: Page of Pentacles. This person is a student, young, Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn. Cautious, realistic, steadfast. Believes only in what they can see and touch. It is also about seeking facts and gathering information. As a messenger the page says to pay attention to the physical body, health, possessions. Indicates collection of data and information. Children who are watchful, studious or pragmatic, often playing alone or entertaining themselves. - Mary Greer, Tarot Reversals.

Hmm.. sounds like a Blysse situation. First, Blysse is young, a student and a Taurus. Second, we are going to parent teacher conferences on Friday.. sounds like a great opportunity to gather information and data. She is also a very independent kid who is great at entertaining herself and playing alone. I will definitely be aware of these characteristics when going through the week and weekend.

Outcome: Ace of Cups. Hmm.. the holy grail of emotion and creativity. That sounds like a wonderful way to end the week after spending it with my family and with Blysse's other family at school. She practically lives there and it will be very nice to have all the possibilities open to us in regard to meeting all her friends and teachers and families who are on the same adventure we are.

So how does the Magician or Magic fit into this? I think this card lets me know that if I choose to think better thoughts and have more positive intentions, anything is possible and I can get into that boat and move on from the stress of the 5 and stagnation from the 6. I think it lets me know that regardless of the conferences (one or two might be difficult) that I have the ability to manifest whatever I wish from those things. I think this is a good thing and certainly a great start and promise for the week.

This should make for great validation come next Sunday. =)



1 comments:

panentheosopher said...

Maris
Such honesty. I think if you gonna be a jerk, its important to be secretive about it. One you never have to admit you're human and two it so much easier being judgemental about the stupid, evil, thoughtless things other people do to distract from one's own sublime perfection.
In fact Now I know why I do not keep mirrors in my house so I do not need to be reminded of my sublime self which always cast a pall over reality!

Good luck with the blog

Paul