CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Validation


Ok- i know what the message of the 8 of pentacles reversed is now - that i will get NOTHING done this week! This has been, by far, one of the most frustrating weeks!
I need to renew my driver's license by my birthday. I also need to transfer my license to North Carolina. So I make arrangements from work to take off on Wednesday to do this. I grab all my documents, go out to the car to grab the last one, proof of insurance, and it is nowhere to be found! Not only was it not in the car, but the latest proof of insurance in my car was from 2006!!
Sooo.. i go into the house, go into Eric's office and start looking.. nothing. He has this pile of papers for file in his drawer.. its not in there. Oh - the 2007 proof of insurance was in there, not in the car, but in his drawer, and the 2008 insurance still nowhere to be found. Go to my office, its not in the file for it. ?!?!?!
Call Eric - it should be in the car - ya, well ITS NOT!! Then it should be in the drawer - ya, well ITS NOT!! He did have a copy in his wallet.. great place for it, especially if I am driving.
Ive now spent 1.5 hours on this. Realizing Im not going to get this done, i go back to work, not at all happy with my significant other. He gets home and finds it somewhere in the shelves above his desk.. great place for it.
Ok - so on Thursday afternoon, i once again try heading out to the DMV, and I actually get there! She needs my proof of insurance, check; social security card, check; old driver's license, check - uh oh - wait.. the name on my social security card doesnt match my license. Ya.. well its been that way for 6+ years. Sorry - until the name on my social security card matches my license, they wont issue me a new one.
Okaaay - but that takes 6 weeks. Yes, they know that. Okaaay - but my license will expire on the 25th - yes, they know that. But.. does that mean that when i finally get my new card in 6 weeks I will have to take the drivers test again?! No.. I have up to a year to renew my license without having to do that. Uh huh. BUT - in the meantime I have to make sure i dont drive.
great.
So.. now not only do i not have a car during the day and am prisoner in the house, come the 25th i will have no license too. Joy to the world!!
Then I leave there and head to the social security administration. What do they give away there, id like to know! The DMV is empty, they must all be at social security doing the same thing I have to because there was nto an inch in the cracker box office there to stand, let alone the smell!!
So Im thinking.. ok, this afternoon I will pick up Eric and head back there and so i will just have to sit there for an hour instead of 5. Uh.. ya, well the office closes at 4, and eric doesnt get out of work til then.
Nothing accomplished!!
Then in the mail arrives a package for Blysse from her father with a box of 2 necklaces and a bracelet and a note saying he was sorry he had not sent them sooner, and she must be so grown up by now he would not recognize her if he saw her. Pathetic. And my child has to go run like a fire is burning to "thank him" which absolutely set me off. The man has not supported her since she was 12, we dont even have a phone # to give to her school.. hasnt bought her a pair of shoes in years, but manages to scrape it up for jewelry she doesnt need. Then of course when she talks to him he shares that he wants to come visit during her break. NOT.
So let me get this straight - he cant afford to support her financially, steals insurance reimbursement from me and doesnt cover her medical bills at all for years.. is wanted by the Clark County District Attorney for failure to meet his responsibilities that way.. refuses to keep in touch with me regarding our daughter, we have no way to reach him should we need to (and we dont), but he has the money and ability to send jewelry and traipse across the country for a visit (hes been threatening to visit all year and has yet to show up or even call to arrange this). AND of course, this all gets discussed with my daughter instead of me, the person who does her schedule.
Uh huh - i smell a rat. Sure enough, i call the DA and they cannot serve court papers to him because he is not in Clark County and refuses to give his address. And his father lied and told the server that he is living in New Mexico, as opposed to Northern Nevada, where he really is. Something else not done no matter how hard we work at this, and we have been working at it for years.
And with all the disappointments and dishonesty, etc., I ask my child how she can even give this person the time of day.. and im told something is better than nothing. So much for progress on that. I still havent figured out what something she is talking about beyond a necklace sent.
The outcome.. my star is most definitely upside down, that would be a great description of my spirit this week... with maybe a little fire underneath it for my frustration. Urrrrrrgh!!!

0 comments: